PDBML Schema Resources
The Protein Data Bank Markup Language (PDBML) provides a representation of
PDB data in XML format. The description of this format is provided in XML
schema of the PDB Exchange Data Dictionary. This schema is produced by
direct translation of the
PDBx/mmCIF Exchange Data Dictionary
Other data dictionaries used by the PDB have been electronically translated into XML/XSD schemas and these
are also presented in the list below.
- Data files in PDBML format can be downloaded from the wwPDB
- PDBML data files are provided in three forms:
- fully marked-up files,
- files without atom records
- files with a more space efficient encoding of atom records
- An article describing PDBML is available.
PDBML: the representation of archival macromolecular structure data in XML.
John Wesbrook, Nobutoshi Ito, Haruki Nakamura, Kim Henrick and Helen M. Berman,
Bioinformatics, 21(7), 988-992, 2005.